Monday, January 12, 2009

SNOWY WEEKEND

The blizzard lasted all day & all night Saturday. Sunday turned out not to be so bad. I got through the local roads quite well. Shoveling & scraping the snow off the cars wasn't as hard as I'd expected because it didn't end up amounting to as much as we were threatened with. There was a major accident on the Cross Valley Expressway recently though so not everybody got a break. Unfortunately Fr. Richard John Neuhaus died recently. He was a very big name in Catholic intellectual circles. Among other things, he founded "First Things", a favorite magazine of mine. Yesterday I finished reading "Cymbeline" & started re_reading Jane Austen's "Sense & Sensibility". I saw the movie a while ago too. Unfortunately I have to make sure I'm up & out insanely early on Wednesday for my much dreaded car inspection. At least those things are only once a year. Happy birthday to Vic from Lindenhurst. His birthday is tomorrow.

No comments: