Saturday, March 07, 2009

QUIET WEEKEND

I got a call last night from Bob from the Holy Name Society. He told me a couple of times this week about the bishop's day of prayer at the Oblates' Seminary in Lafflin. Last night he called to remind me of it too. Yesterday was his fifty fifth birthday. Cousin Java, currently living in Florida, sent us an e mail recently to remind us that Leonard, the very oldest of our cousins, will be turning seventy on March 12. That's very good news considering what so many of my relatives have been through lately. Lately I have an extremely seriously annoying cough. It really bothers me. I'm not in any pain but the aggravation is enough to drive anybody nuts. I have to lector at 5:00 Mass today. Of course I'm covering for Mary. She has foot troubles. This weekend we get the time change. I've always really enjoyed this time of year much better. Early sunsets & gloomy nights, for some strange reason, have always bothered me.

No comments: