Wednesday, July 01, 2009

JULY


Today is the very first day of a brand spanking new month. Lately it's been raining extremely violently for a little while at a time several days a week. Yesterday, besides early in the afternoon, it also started pouring after I went to bed last night. Both storms included thunder & lightning. Mary Anne took Bridget to Scranton yesterday to see their coal mine exhibit. Fortunately they beat the bad weather. Bridget told me this morning that she's going to Dorney Park tomorrow. Tonight I have to go to O.L. Mt. Carmel in Pittston for another of those meetings. I've read Pope John Paul II's encyclical "Evangelium Vitae" twice over so I'm as ready as I shall ever be. Steve's big concert was last night. Lately I've been re_reading Jane Austen's "Northanger Abbey" & all those other books. I've been reading Keats' poetry too. Today people will started filing into Hilldale for the big Fourth of July bash. A lot of people won't be available until at least Friday. Some will be completely unavailable. A splendid time is guaranteed for all.