Monday, July 06, 2009

SATURDAY IN THE PARK


This year's Fourth of July in Hilldale is now history. All went quite well. The food was suitably fattening. It rained entirely too much on Friday but we stayed on the patio & avoided any excess water. Around eighty five people showed up. Richie, Sean, Frank & I went out for guitar strings. There was a poker game & an interesting video of the Ronald's navy cronies. Larry & Rose's anniversary was July 3 & Elaine & George's was the fifth. Aunt Helen's birthday was also the fifth. Buffalo Michael's birthday is tomorrow. The whole thing started in 1961. Everyone put up quite a fight over exactly when the fiftieth anniversary should be. The kids went to Dorney Park one day. I got Steve to help me put in my DVD player/VCR. Vinnie wanted me to try to find a copy of the Beatles' "Help!" DVD for him so I got it on Friday at Barnes & Noble in Wilkes_Barre. On Saturday the Fourth we went over to the park, as virtually always, to play our softball game. Someone just had to say it: "Saturday in the park, I think it was the Fourth of July." I didn't bother to play the entire game but got up to bat once. I, believe it or not, got a base hit & RBI. Because I didn't bother to put on sun block soon enough, though, I got a sunburn & spent all day yesterday with a miserable headache. Tonight my father & Uncle Frankie are supposed to go to see the Mini_me Yankees play. Richie recently caught a picture of Java & Nunziata at a Yankee game. To everyone's chagrin, Fr. Walsh has left O.L. Sorrows. Saturday morning was his last Mass. There was a visiting priest this weekend. Our new pastor will be arriving soon.