Saturday, August 08, 2009

OPERATION & RESIGNATION


The weather's been very nice lately although it was a little too cool & foggy very early this morning. I don't have to lector this weekend which is a nice change of pace. I'm still reading "Mansfield Park" & by now I'm down to the last few dozen pages. I should be finished in only a very short time. Today we must wish an especially happy birthday to Bunny. Her real name's Bernadette & her real birthday's tomorrow. I'm not available on Sundays though. She lives in Derry, Pa. We've never met in person. We're just net friends. She's on my Facebook list. It just occurred to me that Richard M. Nixon resigned the presidency on this day in 1974, thus bringing about the end of the cultural 1960's. I remember that day because it was the day of my eye operation over in Brunswick Hospital in Amityville, N.Y. It seems as if it were only yesterday. I was between the ninth & tenth grades over at St. John the Baptist in West Islip. I've been playing my guitar quite a lot lately. Unfortunately I only have songs by the Beatles & very few other bands to work with but it's still enjoyable.