Thursday, August 20, 2009

PITTSTON TOMATO FESTIVAL


Yesterday there was a torrential downpour during the middle of the day. Other counties got much worse than we did. With us it was more a case of twenty to thirty mile per hour winds. I read a lot of "Don Quijote" yesterday & practiced my guitar last night. Last night I went to O.L. Mt. Carmel. By the time I got ready to go the weather was much nicer. Ada, Lynn Marie, Jonathan & Neil were all there. It lasted an unusually long time, until around 9:00. Unfortunately there will only be one meeting next month because too many people will be unavailable. Before I pulled into the parking lot I made sure I got a full tank of gas next door to the church. It added up to exactly nineteen dollars. Today marks the beginning of this year's legendary Tomato Festival over in Pittston. When I went to the meeting last night, & Mass at St. John's this morning, I noticed that the neighborhood was all set up. The traffic on my way home on William Street this morning was an absolute nightmare but that was the only disadvantage.