Wednesday, October 28, 2009

YANKEE GAME

The weather has been very bad since yesterday. It's extremely cold, damp & raining. Today's the Feast of Sts. Simon & Jude, the last day of the novena at St. Mary Help of Christians. I managed to show up there each day, usually at 7:00 p.m. Tonight's the last night. They always get the same people each year. The World Series also starts tonight. I don't happen to enjoy sports but most people do. Around here there are a lot of Yankee fans. Frank, an old friend from 92 Street, is going to the game. I thought he'd be too much of a Met fan for that. Maybe he's like Java & the Ronald. I still haven't gotten a haircut. One of these days I shall most certainly have to get it over with. Halloween is only three days away. Then we shall have to face up to the dreaded November.