Monday, December 14, 2009

PIZZA

The weather yesterday was absolutely miserable. Cheryl called on Saturday, right before I was supposed to leave for 5:00 Mass, to ask me to lector for her yesterday at 10:30. There was an ice storm that lasted all day & night. I didn't bother to go to the Holy Name Society because it was so bad. Mary Anne had a nasty time getting home. I don't like to miss them but it was too much. Aunt Lauren & Uncle Jim showed up yesterday. Today is John's birthday. He's an old friend from high school. We're on each other's Facebook lists. My father's been recuperating fairly well so far but it's frustrating because he can't do too much of anything. Uncle Frankie went out on Saturday & got him some pizza. Today's the Feast of St. John of the Cross. He's one of the important of all Carmelites. Along with St. Teresa of Avila, he founded the Discalced Carmelites in sixteenth century Spain.