Wednesday, April 18, 2007

WENT TO EYE PLACE

Today I went to that place in Exeter that works with the blind. The receptionist referred me to a gentleman who explained exactly what kind of volunteers they need. He came up with something that would be very good for me. He said I should go over to one of the colleges in Wilkes Barre & ask about reading on their radio station at night. On their program they read to the blind. I most certainly have lots of experience with reading to people because I was, for an insanely long time, a lector at O.L.P.H. Many people in Lindenhurst, to this very day, have no idea what my voice sounds like without its being amplified through a microphone. The weather is still absolutely nightmarishly cold but at least there's finally no precipitation. KrissyKrissyKrissy is still gone for a while, until Saturday as far as I know. I've finished that Flannery O'Connor book. Every time I watch "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire", it occurs to me just exactly how ridiculously out of touch I really am with all sorts of things, including today's pop cultural trends. I'm insanely knowledgeable about millions of kinds of obscure things but I haven't been keeping up with what's right around me every day lately.

1 comment:

Dizzy Dee said...

I was just telling a colleague of mine yesterday how hard I found it to read in front of other people @ school. Somehow I just got the jitters :(
Now I'm okay with it though, but I never have to do it anymore - LOL.
Reading to blind people how ever is such a nice thing to do, there should be more people like you!