Wednesday, July 18, 2007

THE BIG DAY APPROACHES


Stacy's & Mike's big day is just around the corner. I haven't gotten a chance to go to their neck of the woods in quite a while, so it should be quite an especially interesting trip for me. This morning, at 9:00 a.m. Mass at O.L.Sorrows, Rocco asked me if I could help him lector this Saturday night at 5:00 p.m. Mass. The girl who was scheduled to show up is not available. That happens at O.L.P.H. quite frequently, right, Eddie? Anyway, I was forced to tell him that I'm not available this weekend either. Last night & this morning it rained. It's damp & foggy. Fran & Uncle Frankie came over last night. They stuck around for a little while. She left a little while before he did. Even though Krissy KrissyKrissy's gone now, they're still among the regulars. I just finished reading a little book about, & mostly by Mother Theresa & her sisters. I'm also re_reading A Confederacy of Dunces by John Kennedy Toole. It has a foreword by Walker Percy. It's a really good book & follows in the example, sort of, of Don Quijote.

1 comment:

B-Man said...

More times than I it to........Our former Mayor went a whole year with-out telling anyone..........oh well