Monday, July 23, 2007

RAINY DAY & MONDAY


The weekend at Elaine's worked out really well. Now she & her family can all relax. I most certainly really enjoyed it all but I'm always very happy to get things over with. The trip home was very nice with no traffic. We even ran into Mary Ellen & Joe in the parking lot of McDonald's. I was supposed to mow the lawn bright & early this morning but it started raining. The temperature turned out to be about eight or ten degrees cooler than we've been used to lately. I've finished A Confederacy of Dunces & started re_reading The Brothers Karamozov. Long books get me crazy but this one has always been a favorite of mine. It really puts the brain cells to work. I've been trying to become as well read as possible. Hey, you never know when it can come in handy. There are quite a whole lot of extremely seriously obnoxious little screaming young uns in the back of the library today. Something must be going on about them. I see Jo Anne & her family are back from their annual trek to California. It's good to find out that everything worked out really well for one & all. On Saturday, at 5:00 p.m. Mass, I shall get my very first ever chance ever as a lector in my new parish. We soon shall get to see how things work out.

No comments: