Friday, August 17, 2007

CARMELITE MEETING

The weather around here has been nice & cool lately each morning. It always seems to get moocho hotter over the course of each day though. Today as I was driving down Eighth Street to get back home, I ended up having to wait for at least a couple of emergency vehicles zooming to somewhere. Either there was a fire, accident or whatever in the general area. The University of Scranton sent me a notice yesterday asking for a few details about how exactly I fit into things demographically. They are required to do that to all job applicants. The legendary Pittston Tomato Festival started last night. I didn't show up but I'm hoping to get to at least a little of it. It has a really good reputation & always gets such rave reviews. Yeah, I know but hey, you have to remember this is Pa. we're dealing with here. Tomorrow morning I have to be at my monthly Carmelite meeting. Now they start at 9:00 a.m. They used to start at 8:30 a.m. By now I know my way around Wilkes_Barre like a for really & for truly goober. Mary Anne, Steve, & young uns got back from Ireland a couple of nights ago. That must have been quite an exhausting, eventful trip. I finally & at last finished that Jane Austen book yesterday. Now I shall have to start another book.

No comments: