Saturday, August 18, 2007

CARMELITE MEETING TODAY


This morning I went to this month's Carmelite meeting in Wilkes_Barre. We were talking about our need for new members. We're on South Meade Street in case anyone in Northeastern Pa. is interested. Our meetings are on the third Saturday morning of each month at 9:00 a.m. This month Anne, Mary Elizabeth & both Rosemary's, among others, showed up. It's too bad Mary Anne left us a while ago. Dana came at the very end of the Mass. He showed up with his three children. Besides his son & daughter_both toddlers_his wife just had another baby boy. One of the Rosemary's just came up with the interesting idea to nominate me to be the new treasurer. I gave the Carmelites my website address so now they get to keep tabs on me. Tomorrow everybody's supposed to meet at the Little Flower Manor & go to the day of reckoning at St. Martha's in Stillwater. Fr. Joseph Kakareka will be in charge. I went last year & it was very good. Yesterday & last night, the weather was an absolute nightmare. There was a tornado watch for all the counties in this general area. It was extremely violently windy all night & there were frequent hail storms throughout the day. It's especially nice & cool today though. I have no idea where in Sam Hill 99% of my billions of books could possibly be so for a change of pace I started reading Shakespeare's "Troilus & Cressida". It's a play of his I've never read before.

No comments: