Thursday, October 25, 2007

ODDLY SWELL WEATHER LATELY


Tomorrow is Cathleen's birthday. Her brother Jim's is on Halloween & her other brother Steve's is November 3. Her brother Brian's was October 2. Their sister Gael is the only one with a distinctive birthday. Hers is March 30th. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. He seems to be recuperating fairly well so far. I made sure I went over to the St. Jude novena last night. Fr. Richard Loch was there. As always it went quite well. The weather stunk all day and all night but this morning it's back to unseasonably nice. Cindi, from Newblog, has just told me that it's Pablo Picasso's birthday. I've never liked him. His art was part of the modernist side of things. Beatle Paul McCartney, in 1973, sang about him on the "Band On the Run" album. His full name was: Pablo Diego Jose' Francisco de Paula Juan Nepomuceno Maria de los Remedios Cipriano de la Santissima Trinidad Clito Ruiz y Picasso. I read forty pages of that Emily Dickinson book yesterday. Soon I shall have finished it. Then I can move onto something else. I'm reading other things, a little at a time, now anyway. Unfortunately, I just found out that Fr. Mark Garrow, MIC, died on October 19. He was the Marians' former Superior General. I met him at least once in the nineties, at their scholasticate in Washington, D.C. when I wanted to see if I should join them.

No comments: