Monday, May 05, 2008

BIG ANNIVERSARY

Today is my parents' fifty second anniversary so they want to spend the day at the Mohegan Sun. It's also El Cinco de Mayo. Mary, whom I knew for six years in school, is now a Spanish teacher. Things like this always come up with her. I took Spanish for three years in high school. Alas, it was most certainly never quite my best subject but I've always been interested, ever since then, in lots of things about Spain. Today happens to be specifically for Mexicans. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. The weather's still very nice. Somehow my house key fell off the chain yesterday. It's most certainly quite a good thing that I first noticed it at home. That's much better than if it would have happened someplace else when I was out. Unfortunately that's the kind of thing that typically happens to me. Last night Fran called. She wanted my mother to make sure she got a chance to watch a TV movie on Channel 4 with Judy Dench. I didn't bother to watch it but I read about in the TV section of the newspaper. It most certainly got a very positive review from critics. This weekend I didn't have to lector. Frank, from the Holy Name Society, ended up drafting me into being an usher.

No comments: