Saturday, May 10, 2008

NICE WEEKEND SO FAR

The Mother's Day weekend so far has been pretty quiet. My parents wanted to get reservations for tomorrow at Agolino's but they called too late in the week unfortunately. Mary Anne, Steve & kids will be coming in next weekend. They're not available this weekend because of schedule conflicts. The weather's been rainy lately. I heard a weather report on the radio say that it's more like winter than spring in some areas. Lately there's been nothing much worth bothering with on TV but "I Love Lucy", "Jeopardy" & "Who Wants to Be A Millionaire" always keep me happy. There are a few other good shows too. Of course, since I virtually never even bother to pay any attention whatsoever to current pop culture, I'm always genuinely stumped about the questions, on the game shows, that cover anything like that. At Mass this morning, I found the usual copy of The Wanderer newspaper over at O.L. Mt. Carmel. Right after Mass, I made sure I went right next door to see to it that I got more gas before the next price hike. They've really been rooking us blind even more than usual these days. Last night I made sure I looked over some of the questions I have to answer for the next Carmelite meeting next Saturday morning. Five o'clock today I have to lector at Mass because I switched with Linnae. Lately there always seems to be a missing lector at each Mass. Yesterday I tried to east a few pieces of licorice from a bag that was in the cupboard. It turned out to be quite a major mistake though. They were entirely too hard. It appears that licorice, to my undying chagrin, most certainly can't be counted on to last forever.

No comments: