Thursday, September 11, 2008

BIG ANNIVERSARY

Seven years ago today, Moslem terrorists attacked the World Trade Center, the Pentagon & Flight 92. That's why we're now stranded over in a Middle Eastern war. I first found out about it at 9:00 a.m. Mass that morning when Fr. Ed Seagriff mentioned it. Everyone was shocked & there were constant, non stop news coverage, prayer vigils, fear & controversy. O.L.P.H. got a never ending overload of funerals. When I tried to go to my first Lay Carmelite meeting that night at St. William the Abbot in Seaford, it was cancelled. Everybody was affected. Lately things have been very quiet as autumn slowly rears its cold dreary head. The nights get darker, sooner. My parents went shopping yet again last night for a few hours. This morning I helped them with curtains & furniture. Yesterday I played my guitar & read most of "Macbeth". It was just a typical day. Uncle Frankie hasn't shown up lately. I got gas, this morning, at the Sunoco over in Pittston. I couldn't help noticing that the price was unusually low, & that it was even less expensive at the Turkey Hill in Exeter.

No comments: