Friday, October 03, 2008

HAPPY FRIDAY

Today's been cold so far & I just heard the librarian mention the threat of rain. Do an extra perky happy dance to make up for it. I just got an email from Mary, in the State of Washington, thanking me for the birthday e mail I sent her last week. Now that I know she reads my blog, I shall have to say things, once in a while, for old times' sake, that strike her as nerve_wracking. Hey, it most certainly never hurts to push politely a few hypersensitive buttons when the occasion calls for it. I didn't watch last night's debate between our prospective vice presidents, but I'm more than a little confused about people's constantly picking on the way Sarah Palin talks & her obnoxious wink. You have to remember that I've spent all my life among New Yorkers & Pennsylvanians so I'm all befuddled about what kind of speech & behavior could possibly qualify as weird enough to be worthy of that much attention. Yesterday I watched a few minutes, for some stupid reason, of a show on VH1 about the inarticulate flubs & fluffs of public figures like Flava Flave & the Simpson sisters. They don't have an adequate command of the English language. My guitar playing continues to progress. I can, by now, do an interesting tribute to the Fab Four, & "For Your Love" by the Yardbirds.

No comments: