Thursday, October 02, 2008

NOVENA OVER

Yesterday was the last day of the annual novena to St. Therese. I made the mistake of parking in the parking lot instead of on the street. Of course, I got trapped in the lot because everybody blocked the entrance & I couldn't get out. Eventually, though, people left. I didn't bother to get any coffee or cake after it was all over. There was quite a big crowd for such a small parish. Unlike last year's trouble with directions, this year I got through it all with no major mistakes. Maria, cousin Gary's wife, called my mother last night with all the latest New York gossip. Uncle Frankie visited for a while yesterday too. It's time to say happy birthday to Brian in California. He's Cathleen's brother. I still make sure I play my guitar each day. Even the fingerstyle songs have been getting a little bit easier lately. Maybe this weekend I shall be able to find a nice local Oktoberfest. I always used to like the one on Wellwood Ave. in Lindenhurst. I always used to work at one of the stands over there.

No comments: