Monday, April 27, 2009

AND THEN THERE'S...RIGHT ON, MAUDE!

This weekend was quite nice. I didn't end up lectoring in church. I wasn't already on the schedule & oddly enough, no one bothered to nudge me into anything. Uncle Frankie, Fran & Lisa came over on Saturday & we ate with them yesterday. Unfortunately I ate entirely too much each time. I've been noticing that I've been gaining more than a little bit of weight lately. Over the course of the past few days, I've been re_reading some books I have by & about St. John of the Cross. In order to become as knowledgeable as possible about the Carmelites, it always helps to keep up with all the San Juanist literature. Last night, after all was over with, I was so wiped out I went to bed with a bit of a headache. Lately I haven't gotten any headaches so it was a bit of a disappointment. I took a chance & didn't bother to take a pill for it. Conveniently it went away overnight. My parents went to Bon Ton, in the Midway, this morning to take advantage of a big sale there. Unfortunately Beatrice Arthur died over the weekend. Her Norman Lear_ish approach to things got me nuts but she was a really big talent.

No comments: