Saturday, May 16, 2009

CARMELITE MEETING

Yesterday was a relatively nice quiet day. I didn't see Uncle Frankie all day but he may have shown up when I wasn't around. Today we must say a rousing happy birthday to Aunt Lauren. I knew it was sometime in the middle of the month but my mother just reminded me yesterday that today's the big day. I watched Ingmar Bergman's "Wild Strawberries". It all in Swedish but the subtitles made it easy to figure out. It's one of those really profoundly didactic movies, a commentary on the ultimate meaning of life. The only familiar name in all the cast was Max Von Sydow. I remember having heard of him when I was a kid because he was in "The Greatest Story Ever Told", or something like it, in the 1960's. This morning I went to the Carmelite meeting. First I got the Citizen's Voice & I left immediately after that. They have a new sister in charge of the Religious over there. She's from Queens & her aunt even was a parishioner at St. Gabriel's. Fr. Betts is there regularly at the home now too. As usual, some PA. missing link ran a red light while I was on my way back from the meeting.