Monday, May 04, 2009

NICE WEEKEND

Tomorrow will be my parent's fifty third wedding anniversary. In our current toleranter_than_thou culture, that's considered quite an oddity. Yesterday Uncle Frankie came over for supper. On Saturday afternoon he & my father went to a game. Somehow, when I first overheard them talk about it I seemed to have gotten the impression that the game would be on Friday. I thought I may have gotten yet another break from having to lector this weekend but alas, I should most certainly have known better. Of course, Cheryl called at the last minute & asked me to cover for her. That truly rankles me like crazy. I just found out by way of CNN & the BBC that there's a university over in England that's offering a master's degree in the Beatles. For all these past very many decades I've been delving into the further adventures of John, Paul, George & Ringo on an enirely unofficial level anyway.