Thursday, July 09, 2009

BLOOD DRIVE


Birthday greetings go out today to Felix, Tim's younger brother, for his thirty ninth. I knew him at St. Gabriel's. July's quite a really busy month for birthdays. Last night I saw Woody Allen's "Manhattan". It starred Allen, Meryl Streep, Diane Keaton, Bella Abzug & one of those homely Hemingway sisters. Yesterday I went to another blood drive over at the Waterfront Inn on River Road in Plains. They served juice, coffee etc. after it was all over. I got some Domino's pizza & apple & cranberry juice. I got Domino's pizza coupons & a coupon for Friendly's Ice Cream too. I gave a double red cell donation. The traffic on River Road was an absolute nightmare. On my way home I stopped at Weis' supermarket in Plains to get some milk. The parking lot was put together by morons. This morning, on my way to Mass at St. John's in Pittston, I made sure I stopped at the new Turkey Hill on Main Street for gas & a paper. It's a really nice place & gas is less expensive than average. I'm still reading "Sense & Sensibility". I've read it before so it gets easier each time.