Friday, September 18, 2009

BIG CARMELITE MEETING TOMORROW

I still haven't gotten a haircut. It's getting a little out of control but I can handle it so far. In keeping with all the significant famous deaths this year, Mary Travers of Peter, Paul & Mary died. Henry Gibson, the poet laureate of "Rowan & Martin's Laugh_In" also died. I remember them both from when I was a kid. Peter, Paul & Mary spent a lot of time on public TV in recent decades. Today's my first Friday since I turned fifty. I should dance very carefully from now on. Once at O.L.P.H. Msgr. Hamilton wanted someone to do something. He deliberately went out of his way to pick me because he wanted to get someone under fifty. Now I don't have that distinction anymore. Tomorrow I have to go to the Carmelite meeting at the Little Flower Manor on Mead St. in Wilkes_Barre. It's at 9:00 a.m. every third Saturday of the month. I just heard from one of our regulars here that tomorrow will be the New Year for the Jews. For the rest of us, it will be the Feast of San Gennaro as well as National Talk Like a Pirate Day. The weather yesterday was mostly very nice & it's really nice today too.