Wednesday, November 11, 2009

MEMORIAL OR VETERANS' DAY?

Father Marchetti will be gone for a while so I shall be going to Mass at St. John's in Pittston until further notice. This morning I overheard Fr. McGroarty & some other people in church talking about some bus ride they intend to take today. Today is Veteran's Day, or is it Memorial Day? I've always gotten them confused. It's just a naturally bad habit I appear to have. I've always made the same mistake with Sidney Poitier & Harry Belafonte, & Doris Day & Debbie Reynolds. I recently noticed that this past Monday was the twentieth anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall. At my age it seems as if it were only yesterday. I was working at Citicorp Retail Services in Farmingdale in those days. I still haven't gotten a haircut but I've been thinking of getting one in time for Thanksgiving.