Tuesday, October 02, 2007

LAST NIGHT OF NOVENA


Last night, the big St. Therese novena finally came to its inevitable close. 5:00 Mass went well. There was a big crowd. I sat too close to the air conditioning. Because I was wearing long sleeves but no sweater, I was too cold. The bishop was the principal celebrant. It was a very long night & I never got home until around 7:30. There was a little party after it in the church basement but it was getting dark so I just left. Thus ended my very first ever time in an Eastern Rite Catholic church. The parking was much less of an absolute nightmare than I could have expected. There was the inevitable road block, of course, on River Road, but I made it home easily anyway. By now, I must have seen more of Wilkes_Barre accidentally than most people have gotten to see on purpose. Mary Anne called this morning. Everyone has been doing well. She reminded me that she might have connections that could help me get a job in something like proofreading. Happy birthday to Brian in California. This will be quite a big birthday month for him & his family. Groovy word of the day: supervene. Ringo Starr & Paul McCartney intend to attend the unveiling of the Imagine Peace Tower. On top of that, Ringo's old EMI catalog albums are now available digitally. Yeah! Yeah! Yeah! Quote of the Day: "Society, my dear, is like salt water, good to swim in but hard to swallow."_That one's from Arthur Stringer. The Phillies beat the Mets so I don't reckon Jo Ann is all that happy.

No comments: