Monday, October 01, 2007

OCTOBERFEST


Today is the very first day of October. I'll bet the folks over in Lindenhurst are all geared up for the Rotary Club's big Octoberfest next weekend. I miss the days when I could show up at those things. I knew everybody in town over there. Today, St. Therese's feast day, is the last day of the novena in Wilkes_Barre. Mass is at 5:00 p.m. & will by celebrated by a visiting bishop. The traffic & parking will be an absolute nightmare. Uncle Frankie & Fran showed up on Saturday & gave my father lots of popcorn for his birthday. Last night I saw an old classic movie, Gaslight. It starred Charles Boyer, Ingrid Bergman, Joseph Cotten & Angela Lansbury. I can remember having seen it twenty years ago, but I don't remember anything about it. Soon, I shall have to get back to all those Hitchcock movies. Lately, the weather has been very cold in the morning & warm later on in the day. Saturday night, my lectoring at O.L.Sorrows went well. There was a visiting priest & all ran quite smoothly.

No comments: