Saturday, October 06, 2007

TOO FOGGY



I went over to Pittston for 7:30 a.m. Mass today at O.L. Mt. Carmel & the weather was so foggy I could barely even see an inch in front of me. The heat wave still goes on. It's very odd but I fully intend to enjoy it while it lasts. I've still been reading those books, each one a little at a time. Nothing much of any note has been going on lately. Autumn progresses in its typically droll sort of a way. People are all getting ready for everything from Halloween to Christmas. I get sick & tired, in quite a very big hurry, of seeing all the obscenely premature decorations, commercials. etc. Speaking of obscenity, the liberals have already started their disgustingly predictable scampaign to ban even so much as the very word, Christmas, from people's vocabulary. This, of course, is indicative of our secular culture's poisonous antipathy toward all things Christian, under the guise of a supposed respect for equal rights. I haven't bothered to go trick or treating, or to a Halloween party, in many years. I always used to enjoy things like that in my days as a young hepcat. By now my New York Knights of Columbus council & Holy Name Society must be selling all sorts of contest tickets. Out here, though, I don't see much of things like that.

1 comment:

Gort said...

I enjoy your musings and listed you on NEPA Blogs.

http://nepablogs.blogspot.com/