Wednesday, October 17, 2007

MOONA JOONA SPRINGA


Last night I watched Al Jolson's "The Jazz Singer". That's the movie that inspired the "I Love to Singa" cartoon owl. It's a silent movie with talkie parts for the music. I ended up having to stay up until past 9:30 to see it but it was worth the obscenely late bedtime. I've been getting quite good lately at tracking down all the old classic movies. Neil Diamond made a remake of it in 1980. I'm still reading the Emily Dickinson book. It's very long but she's such a cut_up I don't even get impatient with it. The weather's still very odd with cool & even cold mornings followed by nice warm days. My next Carmelite meeting is coming up for Saturday morning. As always, it's at the Little Flower Manor in Wilkes_Barre. It's at 200 South Meade Street & we're always looking for new people. I'm hoping that this month, we shall at least be able to get around to our next lesson. Yesterday I got the latest newsletter from St. John the Baptist Diocesan High School in West Islip, N.Y. They're winding up the celebration of their fortieth anniversary with a big homecoming game on the 21st of this month. I've been to many homecomings of theirs & they're always a really nice time.

No comments: