Monday, October 15, 2007

NICE WEEKEND


The weekend was cold but nice. Uncle Frankie came over for supper yesterday. Lately that's his idea of an active day. Last night was my first Holy Name Society meeting since last spring. All went well. Everybody's really looking forward to the ziti dinner. Father Walsh's father got sick so they couldn't make it. It turned out to be not so serious though. Again, I didn't win the 50_50. I've won once in a while but not last night. After it was over we pigged out on weinies, sauerkraut & junk food. That stuff is just plain dangerous. We drank beer & wine too. Those organizations always have lethal foodstuffs. I'm pretty active at this parish but not as much as I used to be at O.L.P.H. I'm still reading that book about Emily Dickinson. I've already started Volume Two. It's really interesting so I can read a few dozen pages each day. The weather's getting colder each day lately so I get to wear all my nice heavy sweaters. They're pretty interesting, looks_wise. I just wish it weren't cold enough to need them. Yesterday there was a big article in the Times Leader about the fortieth anniversary of S.E. Hinton's novel, The Outsiders. I can remember having been required to read it in the ninth grade, as well as Steinbeck's The Pearl, & The Skating Rink.

No comments: