Friday, August 29, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY FRIDAY

Everyone gets his official happy Friday today, with at least a dance or two to show for it. I've always suspected that my next door neighbor is plum loco but today I got more than a little bit of proof. Not only was he mowing his lawn at 7:30 a.m. but it was raining out on top of that. I just noticed that John McCain has picked Alaska's Gov. Sarah Palin to be his running mate. I just got a reminder that Monday is Labor Day, the official beginning of the bad part of the year. From September on, we start getting the beginnings, slowly but surely, of the bitter cold miserable weather, & early sunsets around here. It may not literally happen right away but it's an undeniable symbolic beginning. Of course, I won't be able to come over here on Monday because most public places are always closed on big holidays. My father & Uncle Frankie are supposed to go to a big game tonight. They've always gotten a kick out of those kinds of things. I don't have anything specific planned all weekend but who knows what might turn up?

No comments: