Saturday, November 15, 2008

SHORT CARMELITE MEETING

Today I went over to the meeting in Wilkes_Barre. Sister Catherine gave me the required paperwork. Only one of the others showed up. I assume a few went to Middletown but three, besides me, promised to show up today. We left after only the morning prayer & didn't bother with a meeting. I went on a vocational retreat in Middletown & Tappan exactly thirteen years ago to see if I should become one of their Religious. Father Mike Kissane was their vocation director then. That was when Yitzhak Rabin was assassinated. As far as I know, Uncle Frankie went to the game last night. They're pretty heavily into sports around here. The Phillies even won the World Series this year. Tomorrow's Cousin Java's birthday. I made sure I sent him his official annual birthday e mail. Tomorrow I have to lector at 10:00 Mass. After that we have to go to the big ziti party that lasts from noon until 5:00.

No comments: