Monday, September 21, 2009

WELCOME AUTUMN

Fran & Lisa showed up yesterday with some birthday presents & pumpkin cake for me. Unfortunately I wasn't there at the time so I got everything only after they left. I was at the Latin Mass in Pittston when they showed up. They have a new priest there, recently ordained. They (Fran & Lisa) got me a Beatles' coffee mug & matching alarm clock. Each one had an image from the "Anthology" series on it. Alas the summer of 2009, like my youth, is now but a mere memory. Today officially marks the very first day of fall. The weather's a bit cool for my taste but it's been especially nice lately. I'm still reading those Carmelite books. I've just started one about Bl. Titus Brandsma. He was murdered by the Nazis at Dachau in the Holocaust in 1942. I've still been having all those extremely seriously weird dreams lately, like the ones I had a few weeks ago. Of course, old faithful Cheryl called on Saturday. I ended up getting stuck having to lector for her again at 5:00 Mass. What else is new?