Monday, July 30, 2007

BRAND SPANKIN' NEW LECTOR


I finally & at last got my very first ever shot at being a lector at O.L.Sorrows. On Friday, at 5:00 p.m. Mass, I showed up, all gussied up, & lectored for Fr. Walsh. It was my very first time since my glory days at O.L.P.H. I suppose my city slicker accent must have kept all these here goobers in total awe. Believe it or not, I'm now down to my last 250 pages of The Brothers Karamazov. Saturday & Sunday I spent a couple of hours each night at the feast at St. Anthony of Padua's church in Exeter. Last night I got the really bright idea to volunteer to help. Because there was a torrential downpour I got stuck with the job of clearing the water off all the chairs. Everything got soaked. I even won a little money on Saturday night at the money wheel. Last night I even got yet another of my trademark headaches but a couple of pills in the middle of hte night got rid of it in a hurry. I haven't seen the new movie by the Simpsons (Homer & family, not Ashely & Jessica though I can't tell them apart anyway.) but I've been catching their show once in a while. They can be pretty neat at times. I got kicked out of my usual library so now I'm in the Hoyt. It most certainly appears to be back in quite groovy shape considering that it was closed down for many months because of a major storm. It's nice & quiet so I really like it here. Uncle Frankie showed up again last night & today. I've been getting very many hits on wheresgeorge lately. FInally & at last, somebody's been catching my bills every once in a while.

No comments: