Saturday, October 13, 2007

LOUSY WEATHER


This morning, at about 6:30, I went out to my car to go to 7:30 Mass over at O.L.Mt. Carmel in Pittston. The fog was unbearably thick & all my windows were sheets of ice. I was forced to spend lots of time getting things scraping ice with the engine & heater on. The weather's been getting worse lately but up to a point it can be enjoyable. The nights have been getting darker earlier with each succeeding night. Uncle Frankie can't go to the football game today because he's still very sick. I'm in West Pittston's library today because Wyoming's is closed. The parking over here is nothing to brag about but it's entirely manageable. When I was a kid, my grandmother lived right down the street from here. I'm extremely close to the end of volume one of that Emily Dickinson book. It's a two volume biography. For such a nerdy_looking character, she most certainly turned out to have been quite the feisty sort of woman. The Holy Name Society's next meeting is tomorrow night. The only thing I know of that's supposed to be on the agenda is something about our upcoming ziti dinner. This will be my very first HNS meeting of the new year. They're short & fattening. Cathleen's finished with jury duty sooner than she'd originally expected. That's always such especially good news. Having to spend a long time stranded with that kind of thing must be some kind of an absolute nightmare.

No comments: