Monday, June 30, 2008

MARY ANN'S FUNERAL

Unfortunately I ended up having to go to Mary Ann's wake & funeral this morning. It was at St. Ignatius of Loyola Church. A few of the other Carmelites made it too. Fr. Joe Kakareka, from St. Martha's was the main celebrant. Last night, besides practicing my guitar again, I listened to a bunch of old eighties albums by Frank Zappa, the Rolling Stones & the Firm. Today is the seventy second anniversary of the publication of "Gone With the Wind", Margaret Mitchell's beloved classic. We should all get our hands on it & read it before the liberals ban it in their insatiable quest to control us completely. The original working title was "Tomorrow is Another Day". I went to bed last night with a bit too much of a headache but it went away after a while. The violent thunderstorm may have been somehow responsible for it. Uncle Frankie showed up for a while yesterday. Fr. Walsh told me on Saturday that Rocco has, for some unknown reason, left the parish. I watched part of the old Jodie Foster movie, "Freaky Friday" last night. That goes back to the days when she was still interesting. The Fourth of July is fast approaching & everyone is supposed to start showing up as of Thursday. Unfortunately Nick, our old landlord from Queens, has died. I remember him from when I was a kid even before my teens.

No comments: