Saturday, July 19, 2008

CARMELITE MEETING

This morning's Carmelite meeting most certainly appeared to have gone quite well even though hardly anybody showed up. Sister Catherine, Rita, Rosemary, Barbara & I were there. Anne showed up just in time for Mass. Dana is moving to Florida to be with his parents. Surprising, at the home they were having the parking lot paved this morning so I was forced to park in the other lot. It only threw me off for around a minute or two. Sister Catherine got us looking through a bunch of old books to see if there were any available that we'd be able to take advantage of. While she was looking, she broke a chair. The woman I invited, I met her at O.L. Mt. Carmel's feast last weekend, never showed up. Last night my parents told me that Aunt Helen, Gino's mother, was supposed to visit them late this morning. Her birthday was early this month. This was the very first time she's ever visited them so I was surprised to hear about it. Last night there was yet another electrical storm. It didn't amount to much of anything but it was very loud & annoying. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. On top of everything else I won a basket of bath & shower gels & lotions from a chance I took over at O.L. Mt. Carmel last weekend. I most certainly don't usually win much of anything at those functions so it was quite a really nice surprise. Later today I have to lector at 5:00 Mass.

No comments: