Thursday, January 15, 2009

INSPECTION

To my undying chagrin, my inspection took all day yesterday but at least it is now over with. I got there at 7:00 a.m. They got started on my car at around 11:00. My father, having been a little ill, wasn't available to drive me home. Somehow I ended up getting stranded there until after noon before I ended up getting a ride home from an employee who's in charge of that. There was less trouble with the car than I'd expected so I was quite happy. I spent my time there reading "Sense & Sensibility" & watching Ellen De Generes, whom I don't like, Regis Philbin, & "The View". At least Beatle Paul was on "The View". Although I've never been even the least bit impressed with most of the hostesses of "The View", Elisabeth Hasselbeck has always struck me as quite an interesting character because she shares my obsession with torturing the liberals quite mercilessly. Beatle Sir Paul was on yesterday's show. Does Regis Philbin really say "incidentally" entirely too frequently? I have no idea because I normally only see him on reruns of my favorite game show. A woman from Copiague, N.Y. even sent him a comment about it. Last night I watched Mel Gibson's "Apocalypto" in which he uses the sixteenth century Mayan Indian culture for a metaphor for today's world. He's always been quite a favorite of mine too. There was even more snow last night & this morning. This morning, after Mass at St. Joseph's, a guy I know from the Holy Name Society reminded me of the bus ride to the March For Life over in Washington, D.C. next Thursday. Tomorrow is Tim's fiftieth birthday. He & I were in the same class at St. Gabriel's.

No comments: