Wednesday, February 11, 2009

HECTIC TIME

All was going quite well yesterday until about 2:00 in the afternoon. It's a good thing my parents decided against going shopping. Uncle Frankie was around when it all happened. My father had another attack like the one on the Super Bowl weekend. From now on he's back to eating peanut butter in spite of the salmonella scare because that's all that seems to help him. Yesterday I read a lot more of "Emma". I've been getting really close to the end of it. Matt has started to get active on Facebook. He's most certainly in for quite a major trip with this bunch. I found a group that's about Jean Paul Sartre, & one about Simone de Beauvoir, who was romantically involved with him. I'm not an existentialist but I've always had quite an interest in all sorts of things like that. While looking through, & joining, Blotto's Facebook site, I couldn't help noticing that tomorrow would have been Charles Darwin's two hundredth birthday. Like de Beauvoir & Sartre, he came up with some pretty bad ideas but it doesn't hurt to keep track of him. This morning, before Mass, I took yet another walk up Church St. in Pittston. I couldn't help noticing that although Grablick's, who made the best ice cream around when I was a kid, doesn't exist anymore, their building is still there just taking up space.

No comments: