Monday, March 30, 2009

MIGHTY BUSY WEEKEND

This past weekend was most certainly especially active for me. On Saturday I spent a large part of the day at the Oblates' Seminary in Lafflin at the men's day of recollection. Bishop Martino was there along with several other priests. Men from all over the eastern part of the state showed up. While I was there I got a couple of books. Jerome Gilmartin, the author of one of them, even signed a copy for me. Over the course of the time I was there, I helped with the sign_in cards & went to confession with Fr. Betts. There were even a couple of big heroes/hoagies for us. Robin, from Chicago, was in town for the weekend visiting the kin in Hilldale. They came over for a while during the time I was in Lafflin. I got a chance to say hello to her for a while after I got home. That was especially nice. Last night Fran came over with Dunkin' Donuts. Usually the fattening food is Uncle Frankie's specialty but he hasn't been available lately because he's ill. When it was time for her to go home, it started raining. Fortunately it wasn't all that bad a storm.

No comments: