Thursday, September 17, 2009

SECOND HALF OF THE CENTURY BEGINS

My big birthday went quite well yesterday. My parents, Aunt Lauren & Uncle Frankie were all there. We ate quite a nice meal with dessert & coffee. I got cards. Besides the candy that Vinnie sent in the morning, Mary Anne & family sent me a nice plant. Mary Anne, Fran, Rose & Michael all called. Larry & Rose got the idea that my birthday was Tuesday. They originally tried to call me then but couldn't get through. He was at work last night so only she called. Today we have to wish a rousing happy birthday to my old pal Miz Kitti. She's exactly a year & a day younger than I. We worked together, for many years, at Citicorp Retail Services in Melville. Starting late yesterday it rained very violently. The weather was miserable until early this morning. It seems to be getting a bit nicer now though. The second half of my century appears to have gotten off to quite a droll start so far.