Saturday, December 30, 2006

Pert Near 2007

The brand spanking new year finally beckons. Saddam Hussein finally got his just deserts. Maybe that bodes well for the war. I've been reading a lot lately. Yesterday I went to a Wilkes Barre book store to take advantage of a gift card I got for Christmas. I got Jane Austen's Northanger Abbey, Vile Bodies by Evelyn Waugh (who was once married to a woman named Evelyn.) and a supposedly definitive biography of Robert F. Kennedy. That last one's a concession to my age It's not every day I get to read a book about somebody I've met in person but once I met RFK at a St. Patrick's Day parade. I have a bit of a headache today. Because Wyoming's library's closed I'm In West Pittston. Netscape only lets me have ten hours free every month on my computer so I'm usually stuck at places like this.

No comments: