Saturday, May 05, 2007

BIG ANNIVERSARY

Today is my parents' 51st anniversary. I suppose we shall be going over to visit Uncle Frankie & Fran. I've been noticing lately, on a lot of my favorite sites, that very many extremely young.uns, including teeny.boppers & people in their twenties are quite smitten with the Beatles. That's always especially good news considering that there's nothing good available these days. Yesterday I watched a special about Adolf Hitler on the History Channel. April 29 was der Fuhrer's 118th birthday. April 30th through May 1st, which is also precisely the half.way point on the calendar to Halloween, is Walpurgis Nacht. On that day, in 1966, Anton Szandor LaVey founded the Church of Satan. It's a day for the forces of evil to reign supreme & goes back to ancient Nordic mythology. I know all sorts of artsy.fartsy stuff. Today is also El cinco de mayo. That's good for all of you who are Hispanic or have an interest in that kind of thing. My old pal Mary, who now teaches Spanish, knows about that. I still can't believe KrissyKrissyKrissy has yet to see my blog.

No comments: