Tuesday, August 07, 2007

HEAT WAVE


This morning was very seriously foggy when I first went out before 7:00 a.m. Today is supposed to be a truly intense heat wave. It's most certainly quite a good thing for me I've always really enjoyed a good heat spell. Cindi from Newblog is now the artist formerly known as Pollyanna. She's changed her blog's name to Its-just-Cindi. It's the end of an era. That's my big deal for the day. Besides the two books I mentioned recently, I've also started reading a little book about the works of St. John of the Cross. I've just finished looking over the official list of kinfolk's birthdays this month. Happy birthday wishes are most certainly in order to all who qualify. The libraries around here have most certainly been hyperactive lately. Yesterday there were quite a whole lot of blabbermouth young uns in this one. Last night I watched a half hour special about the life & times of Fr. Michael J. McGivney who, in March of 1882, founded the famous Knights of Columbus in New Haven,Ct. I've been involved with the KofC since May, 1982. I'm a fourth degree so I get to do all sorts of especially groovy far out stuff too. I got my certificate from the Diocese of Scranton on Sunday because I sat through that lector course a few weeks ago. Today I found out that young uns usually like the taste of food much better simply because it happens to be packaged in a McDonald's container. That's quite a mighty groovy job of brain washing. McDonald's food is nothing but poison that makes people fat, but it's very strangely popular. It's as if it's a cult or something. I used to work at Lindenhurst's McDonald's so I know they have all sorts of extremely seriously bizarre things going on in places like that.

No comments: