Monday, September 24, 2007

NICE WEEKEND


The weekend went quite well. Rocco & I didn't have to do any lectoring in church on Saturday but the Holy Name Society guys got me to be one of the ushers for the first time in quite a while. On Saturday I watched Hitchcock's Young & Innocent. Tomorrow is my father's birthday. It's also Mary's birthday. She lives in the State of Washington. Last night I went to the Church of St. Anthony & St. Michael in Wilkes_Barre. It's a Maronite church. It's the Eastern Rite of the Catholic Church. The language was very confusing for me because it was the very first time I'd ever heard Syrian spoken or seen it written. I went there because it was the first night of the novena to St. Therese of Lisieux, the Little Flower. Her feast day is on October 1st. Father Charles Connor, the official historian for the Diocese of Scranton, was there & autographed copies of his new biography of St. Therese for anyone who wanted one. My father & Uncle Frankie let me follow them there so that was the easy part. Coming home, though, I couldn't figure out because I made a few wrong turns in the dark & ended up wandering all over Pa. Today I finally got that McDonald's blood drive coupon over with.

No comments: