Thursday, September 20, 2007

TTFN SUMMER


The summer of 2007 is, alas, over & done with. I'll miss all the very warm weather & I'm most certainly not looking forward to the cold autumn & winter we always have around here. This morning started out extremely seriously foggy, but later in the day, as usual, it's gotten much better. Last night, I saw the Alfred Hitchcock movie, Jamaica Inn. I've been trying to see as many of his movies as possible. I used to like his TV show when I was a kid. Fran was always a fan of things like that too. She was the one who got me interested in shows like "Dark Shadows" & movies like The Screaming Skull. Yesterday I read some more of that book about Charlotte Bronte. I've read a lot of books, poems, etc. by authors who were her contemporaries, so I'm very familiar by now with all the references. I've not read very many currently trendy books, poems, plays, etc. over the course of my lifetime but old classical works I know quite well by now. The trendy side of life has never particularly interested me. Argh! Well, blow me down Dontcha know? It appears that yesterday was Talk Like A Pirate Day & I missed it completely. Shiver me timbers!

No comments: