Monday, January 07, 2008

BIG PARTY LAST NIGHT

Yesterday Laura & I lectored at 10:00 a.m. Mass. I woke up with a headache so I was really miserable for most of the day. Fortunately it stopped in time for me to be able to show up at the volunteers' party at the church. I sat with Rocco & his wife & a few other people. Rocco & I talked about all sorts of literary & musical allusions. John, Fran's old friend from school, showed up. I met lots of her friends when we were kids but somehow I managed to have missed him completely until just recently. The menu was really nice with appetizers including cheese & cold cuts & a main course with mushrooms, fish, potatoes & a few other things. There were fruit cocktail & cake for dessert. They also included coffee, soda & drinks. I drank a fuzzy navel. That's both a drink & a source of many an extremely seriously bad joke. Yesterday, headache or no headache, I managed to read some more "War & Peace". The headache showed up again in the middle of the night & lingered until very early this morning. Aunt Helen called my parents a few hours ago. That was a very nice surprise for them.

No comments: