Wednesday, January 09, 2008

YET ANOTHER BLOOD DRIVE

For the past couple of days, the weather has been unseasonably warm. Early this morning it was pushing its way up toward sixty degrees, rainy but in a nice way. Last night I got a call from a woman who wanted me to give a double red cell donation today. My appointment is at 2:00 p.m at the Waterfront Banquet Facility in Plains. I've never been there before. This morning, when I went to 9:00 Mass at O.L.Sorrows, I noticed that Denise never left me my new lector schedule. She very conscientiously left a schedule for everybody else, but mine wasn't there. I told Fr. Walsh about it, so he gave me one of the extras & recommended that I ask her about it later today. Rocco isn't available in the morning anymore because of his volunteer work with Meals on Wheels so I lector every day. Yesterday I ate around a half dozen slices of pizza for supper. Between that & all Uncle Frankie's & Fran's candy, I'll have to spend 2008 in a pair of pants with a sixty inch waistline. Too much food, enjoyable though it may be, gets me stark raging nuts after a while.

No comments: