Friday, April 04, 2008

ICY COLD RAINY DAY

Nothing much has been happening these days. April has been more bad weather than good so far. Today is very damp & raining. Uncle Frankie came over for a while yesterday. He & my father have been making plans lately to go see the local yokel version of the Yankees. The famed Bronx Bombers have a stadium somewhere between here & Scranton for their minor league team. Yesterday I made sure I read over fifty more pages of that Jane Austen book. I've always considered myself a reasonably well_read literate sort of guy. Lately, though, I've been going through librarything & shelfari & finding out the hard way that there are all sorts of books, plays, novels, etc. that I just haven't gotten around to so far. There are even very many I've literally never even heard of. I'm trying to get my nephew Michael to check out their philosophy groups. He's been taking a philosophy class this semester. Today's the fortieth anniversary of the assassination of Martin Luther King, Jr. I remember those days. I was at RFK's last St. Patrick's day parade that year. Shortly after King, he ended up dying the same way. Of course, I was only a young un in elementary school way back then.

No comments: