Saturday, May 17, 2008

CARMELITE MEETING

The weather has been much nicer today than it was yesterday. There was a very cold miserable rainstorm yesterday but it's reasonably warm & sunny now. Everybody was afraid that tonight's big game was inevitably going to have to be cancelled because of the weather but it all seems to be working out quite well so far. When I went out to my car I found out that the lining on the top of the inside had fallen down because of its having rotted away. There's always been a leak in the car. I just made sure it got cut off because I couldn't see anything behind me. The meeting went quite well. It's a good thing I made sure I did my homework because they made sure they put me on the spot this month with all those questions. I now have Mary Anne's old job. She seems to be feeling better lately. In spite of what she said a while ago, she is willing to come back to meetings as soon as she possibly can. Dana, of course, wasn't available this month. Mary Elizabeth told us about her trip to Yankee Stadium to see the Pope. On the way back & forth, I got a chance to hear a bunch of old songs on the University of Scranton's official station. They played, among others, "Barbara Allen" by Joan Baez, "See Emily Play" by Pink Floyd, & a bunch of songs from a very favorite Elton John album of mine, "Captain Fantastic & the Brown Dirt Cowboy". I got that album for Christmas in the eleventh grade. That was during his flamboyant period, during the tail end of the glam rock era.

No comments: